Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam. That's right....Jesus DOES want me for a Sunbeam. As of January 4, 2009 I will be the Sunbeam teacher. I will have an assistant (when did that start??). Her name is Cindy (don't remember her last name..I AM still new.) She is a few years younger than me and is a sweet, sweet soul. I'm looking forward (with a bit of panic) to my new calling.Today during Sacrament I got to hold Daniel. He is one of eight, 3 months old...and we have a connection. That's right.....crazy Kellie story time!!
On my 3rd or 4th time back to church I sat with this family. There are SEVERAL of them and well, I still am not good with names....at all. So "she" looks at me and says, "Sister Hayes right? Kellie?" to which I reply,"Yes." and we get all excited because she has remembered my name. Now it's my turn....."Suzy right?" "Yes" Me, "I've never known your last name." "Wassum"
Okay....waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day I knew some Wassum's from Marion. What's the chances right? So I ask her if she knows "Charlie Wassum". WOW..she did!! She starts bouncing up and down, grabbing her husband, pointing to some gentleman a few rows up. (Daniel was being blessed that day so all the family was there.) I then go on to describe two little girls with white blonde hair. Turns out Charlie is her brother-in-law. YES YES....why do you know them? I go through the whole story..we were in the same stake. Well, she tells ALL of them that I knew them a long time ago and I have a whole lotta Wassums looking at me (the two little girls were there who have grown up into beautiful brown headed sisters). Pretty cool. As Michael says, I can't go ANYWHERE without running into someone that I know. Could be worse!!!!
OH--finally put my tree up. 1600 lights..yes sirree bob!! And it's NOT a pre-lit tree. That my dear friends is a LOT of lights!!! It looks good...I love it!!
1 comment:
What a small world! I love your stories!
You are going to be a GREAT Sunbeam teacher! I am so happy for the kiddies who are going to be in your class!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND MICHAEL!
- Chris
Post a Comment